Wednesday, June 1, 2016

My Circus, My Monkeys

Talking about marriage is like giving others unsolicited parenting advice. It's like looking inside someone's messy laundry room. Like digging through someone's junk drawer. Private, personal, vulnerable, uncomfortable...the list goes on, but you get the point. It ain't pretty.

Knowing this, our motive is to inspire Gen-X and Milennials to take the leap, and also to inspire a renewed sense of hope in those who have been battling in the trenches for years.

"Redeeming Marriage" began 16 years ago, when two unlikely idealists met and fell in love. One was older, had gone through an ugly divorce, and was hauling around a whole lot of baggage. The other was a pastor's kid with a vision of marrying a pure, sweet, innocent "perfect woman".  See the controversy there? She knew what marriage was NOT supposed to be, what it shouldn't be. He knew that he wanted to build a marriage on a rock-solid foundation, with Jesus at the center.  At the core was redemption: redemption of trust, redemption of relationship, redemption of marriage, in and of itself. This redemption would ultimately heal her of her past hurts and allow both of them to build a foundation of trust and communication.

Let's stop talking about ourselves in the third-person now, shall we? A few years back, we noticed a trend of young couples approaching us with questions and concerns about dating, marriage, and second marriages. They saw something in our relationship that they wanted to duplicate. And we had a true desire, deep in our hearts, to help.

After several years of organizing our thoughts and looking back on the way we have developed our relationship, we've decided to reach out and talk candidly about marriage, to offer a "he said, she said" perspective and to show that we're in this together. We want to be purposeful about our marriages, our decisions.  Our circus, our monkeys.

Being that this is our first blog post, we'll leave you with the scripture where we have built our marriage and from where we plan to launch our platform: Ephesians 5:25 says,

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her."

What in the world could that mean? (Princess Bride? Anyone? Oh yeah, we like to quote movies, too.)

What does this scripture mean to YOU and your relationship? Give us some feedback!

Love,
Lucas and Pam

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome! The key to this verse is to understand "just as Christ loved the church". Most Christians have not been taught...and are not seeking what this means. Once we all get that as our benchmark, we realize how short we fall. That becomes our target to shoot for.
    I look forward to more from you two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said. You both have def always provided me with a great example of what marriage should look like. You teach by example is so true with you guys. I love you both. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started dating when I was incredibly young. I was 19 years old when we first began to show interest in Ron. Thern was 25 and basically ready for marriage. I was ready to explore college life. Neither of us were Christians, but both of us enjoyed our friendship and what became a romantic relationship—except it was not a good or healthy relationship because Ron was having an affair with my friend Ela. My immaturity and desire to explore didn’t match his readiness for marriage. We tried twice at engagement and broke it off twice. Both heartbroken by sin and what seemed like the end, we parted ways.

    After that second engagement to Ron ended, I went to a friend’s of ine who is from west africa, heard the Voddo love spell they possess in africa for what might have been helpful to me, and submitted my time to contact Dr Itua from west africa. whom I tell my marraige with Ron and he promised to help me in which he askk me for names / pictures then after 3 days of Dr Itua love spell, Ron call me and ask me to reconcile with him for a better chance to make things right for our lifetime marraige so that how My life was forever changed. I still loved Ron and he loves me more, but I knew that now we could never be together if not for the help of Dr Itua love spell. Ron and I are now have 4 wonderful kids all grown up, I thank Dr Itua Love spell. So I will advise anyone here to contact Dr Itua if you are having Rolling coster relationship or marraige because Dr Itua can help you with love spell to stable your marraige or relationship without any side effect.
    Here is Dr Itua Contact details,
    Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com
    WhatsApp Number: +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete